AboutPrint Full Plant List
Bob Hyland is an expert plantsman, garden designer, and educator. I promote an adventurous, artful and ecologically sound approach to gardening and home improvement.
What is Loomis Creek Gardens?
Loomis Creek Gardens is the offspring of Loomis Creek Nursery, Bob Hyland’s former, but “NOW CLOSED,” specialty retail nursery in New York’s Hudson Valley. Bob and partner Andrew Beckman have relocated to Portland, Oregon. Bob offers “plant-driven” garden design in the Pacific Northwest and Northeast regions of the country (see below for specifics). Andrew is the Editorial Director for Timber Press, publisher of great books on gardening, ornamental & edible horticulture, and garden design.
- Bob Hyland, doing business as Loomis Creek Gardens, offers garden design and coaching in Portland, OR, the Hudson Valley, and Berkshire, MA, region. Take advantage of his bicoastal gardening experiences and his 35-years of expert plantsmanship.
- Loomis Creek Gardens is NO LONGER a retail nursery and DOES NOT SELL or SHIP plants.
- The Loomis Creek Gardens website includes PLANT LISTS that showcase plants often used in Bob Hyland designs and that spark appetite and interest for your own gardens. Browse the plant lists to get ideas and inspiration to engage me in helping you create sustainable, exuberant designs.
- Loomis Creek Gardens is looking toward a “retail” presence in Portland (PDX) in the next few years. Interested? Cheer me on and stay tuned for more information as plans take shape.
Where is Loomis Creek Gardens?
Bob Hyland (Loomis Creek Gardens) lives and gardens in northwest Portland, Oregon, approximately 10 miles from downtown.
Bob Hyland’s Availability
- Year-round in the Portland, OR, region.
- Seasonal travel/consults (spring and fall) in the Hudson Valley and Berkshires.
- Year-round ONLINE.
LOOMIS CREEK GARDEN DESIGN SERVICES – Book early for best availability!
Bob Hyland offers personalized on-site garden consultations @ $75/hr within a 20-mile radius of downtown Portland and upon request in the Hudson Valley and Berkshires. Off-site design work (reports, sketches, product procurement…) is billed @ $75/hr; travel time @ $37.50/hr. Bob assesses existing site conditions and plantings and offers expert advice on plant selection composition. Bob DOES NOT offer garden installation or maintenance services, but will work with you on referrals.
Loomis Creek Garden designs are driven by a diverse catalog of garden-worthy plants. Browse the ever-expanding online Plant Lists of Perennials; Shrubs; Vines; Ornamental Grasses; Ferns; and Annuals.
Perennials and Shrubs on the lists are appropriate for USDA hardiness zones 5-8. Tender plants may prove to be hardy depending on your region, but annuals are generally good for one season!